When it comes to taking care of your baby, one of the things that can be challenging is managing their hair. Babies often have fine hair that needs extra attention to keep it healthy and neat. Moreover, their hair can get in their face, causing them to fuss and become irritable. Fortunately, there are several tricks you can use to help your baby’s hair stay out of their face. Here are seven simple tricks to try:
I. Trim the Bangs
Keeping your baby’s bangs short can be an effective way to keep hair out of their face. Besides helping your baby see better, short bangs are easier to manage and don’t require much attention. When trimming your baby’s bangs:
- Use professional scissors specifically designed for cutting hair.
- Apply a little bit of moisture to the hair to make trimming easier.
- Trim small sections of hair at a time and comb it out regularly to ensure that it’s even.
- Trim bangs above the eyebrows or at eye level for maximum effectiveness.
II. Use Hair Accessories
Using hair accessories can be another fantastic way to keep your baby’s hair out of their face. Some of the commonly used hair accessories include:
- Baby hair clips
- Barrettes or bows
- Rubber bands or scrunchies
You can choose an appropriate hair accessory based on the baby’s hair type and age, and you will need to get comfortable with using them on your baby’s hair. Here are some tips:
- Ensure that hair accessories fit appropriately but not too tightly to cause discomfort.
- Put the hair accessory as far from the baby’s face to avoid irritating the face or eyes.
- Never leave hair clips or rubber bands on for an extended period.
III. Try Baby Fringe Braid
Baby fringe braid is a technique that can add style to your baby’s hair while keeping it out of their face. The trick involves braiding a small section of hair in the front and securing it at the back. You can do the following to create a baby fringe braid:
- Divide a small section of hair at the front and crown areas into three parts.
- Create a regular braid by crossing the right and left strands over the center strand.
- Braid halfway until you reach the back of the head.
- Use a small plastic rubber band or hair clip to secure the braid at the back of the head.
IV. Use Headbands
Headbands are an excellent way to keep hair away from the face while still allowing the baby to grow and style their hair. Here are some benefits you can reap from baby headbands:
- There are several sizes, colors, and types of baby headbands that you can choose.
- Headbands can be easily adjusted, allowing your little one to wear the band as they grow.
- Headbands don’t cause discomfort or irritation to the baby’s face or scalp.
When using headbands on a baby:
- Ensure that they fit tightly enough to hold the hair back but not too crampy to cause discomfort.
- Select a proper style that suits your baby’s face shape and hair texture.
- Use headbands with soft fabric or material like cotton that doesn’t irritate the skin.
V. Create a Baby Bun
A baby bun is an adorable hairstyle that can keep hair away from a baby’s face. Additionally, it can stay neat and secure for longer periods. To create a baby bun:
- Gather the hair at the top of the head and secure it with a hairband.
- Twist the ponytail to create a bun and wrap it around the hairband.
- Use bobby pins to hold the bun in place.
A baby bun is an easy and simple way to keep your baby’s hair looking tidy and out of the way.
VI. Use Hair Gel or Spray
Hair gel or spray is a fast and easy way to keep hair away from the baby’s face. Moreover, it can create slick styles that simply stay put. However, when using hair gel or a spray:
- Ensure that it’s mild, non-toxic, and specifically designed for babies.
- Use a small amount on your baby’s hair to avoid stickiness or stiffness.
- Avoid getting it in your baby’s face or eyes.
Maintaining your baby’s hair can be a task, but using these simple tricks can make things more manageable, and your baby will look charming and neat all day. Try out these tricks and see which ones work best for your baby’s hair type.