Cats Beware: Baby’s Breath Can Be Toxic
Cats are curious creatures, but sometimes their curiosity can lead to dangerous situations. One of the most dangerous items for cats is baby’s breath, which is often used as a decorative flower. Unfortunately, baby’s breath can be toxic and can cause serious health issues for cats if ingested.
Symptoms of Baby’s Breath Toxicity
If a cat eats baby’s breath, they may start to show the following symptoms:
- Loss of appetite
- Difficulty breathing
If you notice any of these symptoms, it’s important to take your cat to the vet as soon as possible.
Preventing Baby’s Breath Toxicity
The best way to prevent baby’s breath toxicity is to keep all baby’s breath away from cats. If you have baby’s breath in your home, make sure it’s out of reach of cats. Additionally, if you have cats, it’s important to check your outdoor areas for any baby’s breath that may have grown wild.
Treatment for Baby’s Breath Toxicity
If a cat has ingested baby’s breath, it’s important to take them to the vet as soon as possible. Treatment may include inducing vomiting, administering activated charcoal, and providing supportive care. In severe cases, a cat may need to be hospitalized and given IV fluids.
Baby’s breath can be a beautiful and fragrant flower, but it can also be dangerous for cats. If ingested, it can cause serious health issues, so it’s important to keep baby’s breath away from cats. If your cat has eaten baby’s breath, it’s important to take them to the vet for treatment.