Does Sleep Make You Taller?
The answer to this question is that getting enough restful sleep can improve overall health and wellbeing, which can in turn affect physical growth. However, simply sleeping more will not make you taller.
Sleep and Growth
When a person does not get enough sleep, their body does not have enough time to go through all the necessary growth processes. Therefore, if one wants to grow to their full height potential or to increase their muscle mass, it is important to prioritize a good night’s sleep.
Positive Health Benefits of Sleep
In addition to aiding growth, getting enough sleep also has a range of positive health benefits:
- Improved behavior and mood – Sleep helps to regulate hormones and ensure the body can cope with stress.
- Increased energy levels and alertness – Yearning for energy? It often helps to get adequate quality sleep in order to have a productive day.
- Reduced stress – Sleep helps the body recover from the rigors of the day, allowing it to relax.
- Enhanced immune system – Sufficient sleep helps the body fight off illnesses better.
- Healthy weight maintenance – Quality sleep reduces the risk of becoming overweight, or of the body not getting enough exercise.
Getting enough restful sleep has significant long-term benefits for a person’s health and growth. Whilst sleeping more will not make you taller, it can put your body in the best position to reach your full height potential.