Does My Baby Have Sleep Apnea Quiz
Sleep apnea is a serious medical condition which can have a huge impact on your child’s health and development. If your baby is showing any signs or has symptoms that could be related to sleep apnea, it is important to seek medical attention right away. The following quiz can help you determine if your infant might be suffering from the condition.
- Does your baby snore loudly at night?
- Does your baby have episodes where they stop breathing while sleeping?
- Does your baby have a lack of energy during the day?
- Are there any signs of poor growth?
- Does your baby have difficulty transitioning from sleep to waking?
- Does your baby have blue lips or dark circles under their eyes?
- Is your baby excessively irritable or having tantrums?
What Should I Do If My Baby Has Sleep Apnea?
If you answered yes to any of the questions, it is important to talk to a doctor as soon as possible. They will assess your child and determine what treatment is necessary. Treatment options may include lifestyle modifications, respiratory care or surgery. If your child is diagnosed, it is important to follow your doctor’s instructions to ensure your baby gets the best possible outcome.