Signs That Your Baby is Growing Into a Newborn
Having a new baby is both exciting and overwhelming. You may be wondering, “How long does newborn stage last?”. The newborn stage typically lasts until your baby is between 3-4 months old, but can differ for each baby. Here are a few signs that your baby is growing into a newborn:
- Gaining Weight: Your baby should begin to gain more weight and appear plumper and fuller.
- Head Development: Your baby’s head may look bigger than the rest of their body.
- Eye Color: The majority of babies’ eye colors at birth will darken over the course of the first few months.
- Smiling: You will start to see smiles at around 6 to 8 weeks old.
- Laughter: You will start to hear laughter at around 3 to 4 months old.
- Babbling: Your baby may start to babble and make different noises between 4-7 months old.
- Newborns: Newborns typically sleep 16-17 hours within 24 hours.
- 3-4 Months Old: As your baby grows, their sleep pattern may start to become more consistent. They may sleep for shorter stretches of time during the day and longer stretches of time at night.
Once your baby reaches the end of the newborn stage, it can bring both excitement and sadness. Although stages of development can be hard to keep up with, each stage is unique and special. The best thing you can do is to treasure the moments and love your baby unconditionally.