Boiling Baby Back Ribs
Boiling is an excellent method to quickly and safely cook baby back ribs. With a few simple steps, you can have a delicious plate ready in no time.
Preparing the Ribs
- Check that the ribs are full and intact
- Wash the ribs in cold water
- Pat the ribs dry with a paper towel
- Apply an optional dry rub to the outside of the ribs for flavor
Boiling the Ribs
- Fill a large pot halfway full with water.
- Add 1 tablespoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper to the water.
- Bring the pot to a rolling boil and add the ribs.
- Bring the water back to a boil and reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Cook the ribs for 30 minutes.
- Check the ribs for doneness by cutting one open with a sharp knife; the meat should be fall-off-the-bone tender.
- Drain off the hot cooking liquid and serve the ribs hot.
By following this simple method, you can quickly and easily prepare delicious baby back ribs. Enjoy!