How to Microwave Baby Potatoes
Cooking baby potatoes in the microwave can be a quick, easy, and healthy way to make a tasty side dish or snack. Here are some tips on how to get the perfect baby potatoes, every time.
Steps to Microwave Baby Potatoes
- Wash and Dry the Potatoes – Start by thoroughly washing the potatoes, then drying them completely. This removes any dirt, debris, and bacteria. If you’re planning to use a seasoned coating on the potatoes, you can lightly rub some oil onto the potatoes before beginning.
- Arrange the Potatoes – Place the potatoes into a microwavable dish in a single layer. It’s important that the potatoes shouldn’t be touching, as this will affect the cooking time.
- Cover the Dish – Cover the dish with a lid designed for the microwave. This keeps moisture inside the dish, producing fluffier, more delicious potatoes.
- Microwave the Potatoes – Most baby potatoes will be cooked in 2-3 minutes on high. If you want crisped potatoes, you may need to microwave them a bit longer. You can always check on the potatoes and add more cooking time if needed.
- For extra flavor, you can season the potatoes with garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, and/or black pepper.
- Make sure the potatoes are dry before microwaving, as this will speed up the cooking time.
- You can also use this method to cook regular potatoes; it just takes a bit longer.
Cooking baby potatoes in the microwave is a simple and delicious way to make a tasty side dish. With the steps above, and a few minutes in the microwave, you’ll have perfect potatoes every time. Enjoy!