How To Clean Baby’s Tongue From Milk
A baby’s tongue often gets coated with milk as a result of feeding. The best way to get rid of the milk residue is to clean the baby’s tongue with a soft and wet cloth.
Steps To Clean Baby’s Tongue
- First, wet a soft cloth with warm water.
- Next, use the cloth to gently rub your baby’s tongue in a circular motion.
- Then, wipe off any excess saliva or milk residue left on the cloth.
- Finally, rinse the cloth with plain water and dry your baby’s tongue afterwards.
- Make sure the water is warm, not too hot.
- Do not use mouthwash or antibacterial wipes to clean your baby’s tongue.
- Never leave your baby alone while cleaning his/her tongue.
Cleaning your baby’s tongue after feeding will help remove any leftover milk residue that can cause an infection. Following the steps above and these safety tips will make the process easier and will ensure your baby’s safety.