How to Clean your Snorkel Gear
For anyone who has ever spent hours in the ocean, a day out snorkeling, or had a great dive, you know keeping your snorkel gear clean is essential. Here’s a few tips to keeping your mask, fin, and snorkel in the best condition:
- Rinse your mask in fresh water after each use.
- Scrub the inside and outside of the mask with a soft brush.
- Be sure your mask fits properly. Make sure the suction cups seal against your face when you inhale.
- Make sure you rinse the fins in fresh water after each use.
- When storing them, make sure they’re in a cool, dry place with ventilation.
- If you’re diving in salt water, rinse the fins with fresh water, after each dive, to prevent them from getting corroded.
- Rinse the snorkel in fresh water.
- Inspect the snorkel for cracks or any kind of deterioration.
- If the snorkel is plastic, inspect it for discoloration or fading.
- Store your snorkel in a cool, dry place with good ventilation.
Following these simple tips will help make sure your snorkel gear stays in tip top shape! Additionally, don’t forget it’s always wise to carry a spare set of gear in case of an emergency.