How to Cook Baby Zucchini
You may have seen baby zucchini in the grocery store and wondered what makes them so special or how to prepare them. Cooking Baby Zucchini is easy to do and can make an excellent side dish to any meal.
Steps to Preparing Baby Zucchini
- Wash: Begin by washing the zucchini. Soak the baby zucchini in cold, salted water for 15 minutes, scrubbing off any dirt with a vegetable brush if necessary.
- Slice: Slice the baby zucchini into 1/4-inch rounds and place the slices in a single layer in a colander.
- Pat dry: Pat the slices dry with a lint-free towel before cooking.
- Saute: Heat a small amount of oil over medium-high heat in a heavy skillet. Add the baby zucchini slices and allow to cook until golden brown. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Arrange the baby zucchini slices in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes or until the slices are golden and tender. Sprinkle with grated cheese if desired.
- Grill: Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Place the baby zucchini slices on the hot grate and cook for about 8 minutes, flipping once during cooking. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper if desired.
Serving Baby Zucchini
Cooked baby zucchini can be served hot as a side dish or at room temperature as part of an appetizer platter. They are also delicious cold as part of a salad or antipasto plate.
Baby zucchini is the perfect vegetable to add to any meal. It is quick and easy to prepare and can be cooked in a variety of ways. Whether it is sauteed, grilled, or baked, baby zucchini is sure to be a hit.