How to Keep a Pacifier Securely in Your Baby’s Mouth
Having a pacifier handy can be a great way to soothe your baby, but it can be hard to keep the pacifier in your baby’s mouth. Here are some tips to help keep a pacifier securely in your baby’s mouth:
Choose the Right Pacifier
- Pick a pacifier that is the right size for your baby’s mouth. Too big or too small can make it difficult for your baby to keep it in their mouth.
- Look for a pacifier with an orthodontic shape. This will help keep the pacifier in the correct position in your baby’s mouth.
- Choose a pacifier with a wide handle or shield. This will help your baby keep the pacifier in their mouth.
Position the Pacifier Correctly
- Make sure the pacifier is facing the right way up. If the pacifier is upside down, it can be difficult for your baby to keep it in their mouth.
- Position the pacifier so that it is slightly angled towards the roof of your baby’s mouth. This will help keep the pacifier in place.
- If the pacifier is too close to your baby’s nose, it can be uncomfortable and they may have difficulty keeping it in their mouth.
Secure the Pacifier
- If you are using a pacifier clip, make sure it is securely attached to the pacifier. Loose clips can be a choking hazard.
- If your baby is wearing a bib, you can use the bib to help secure the pacifier in their mouth. The bib can be used to keep the pacifier in the correct position.
- Never tie the pacifier to your baby’s clothing. This can be a strangulation hazard.
Keeping a pacifier securely in your baby’s mouth can be a challenge, but it can be done. With the right pacifier, the correct positioning, and a secure attachment, you can help keep the pacifier in your baby’s mouth and help soothe them.