How to Make Baby Safe Paint
Having a baby means making sure that their environment is safe and free of anything that may harm them, including the paints and colours used for cushions, walls, and other décor. To ensure that your baby is always safe and sound, there are some easy to make baby safe paints that you can use instead of store bought ones!
Steps to Make Baby Safe Paint
- Gather Materials – You’ll need a few simple items to make baby safe paint. These include 2 teaspoons cornstarch, a tablespoon of sugar, and 40ml of water.
- Mix the Ingredients – In a bowl, mix the cornstarch and sugar. Pour the water in, and stir until completely blended.
- Add Food Colouring – Now you can add food colouring to make the paint the colour of your choice! Food colouring is much more baby-friendly than paint bought from a store.
- Let it Dry – Spread the paint on a clean surface, and let it air dry for about an hour. Once it’s dry, it’s safe for your baby to use it.
Tips for Using Baby Safe Paint
- Always use non-toxic and food-safe materials when making baby safe paint.
- Make sure that the paint is completely dry before letting your baby use it.
- Always supervise your baby when they are using the paint.
- Discard any unused paint as it may become contaminated over time.
- Be creative with the colours and designs that you make with the paint.
By making your own baby safe paint, you’ll be able to have peace of mind knowing that your baby has a safe and healthy environment to explore and discover. So get those materials ready, and let the painting begin!