How To Reset HVAC Blower Sleeper Fuse
If the blower motor in your HVAC unit fails to turn on, chances are the blower sleeper fuse has blown. Resetting the fuse is an easy task that you can do yourself with little effort.
- Replacement fuse
- Locate the blower sleeper fuse. It is typically mounted to the blower housing or nearby.
- Turn off the power to the HVAC unit.
- Remove the old fuse and inspect it for any signs of excessive heat or other damage.
- Replace the old fuse with a new one of the same size and ratings.
- Secure the new fuse in place by tightening the screws.
- Re-power the unit.
After the new fuse has been installed, the blower motor should start up. If the motor does not, an additional issue may be present and it is best to contact an HVAC technician for professional repair.