How to Sleep with Broken Ribs
Broken ribs are a very painful injury, but can still be managed with the right techniques. With the right knowledge and attention to your body, this condition can be managed so you can find some comfort. Here’s how to sleep with broken ribs:
Create a Sleep Environment That’s Conducive to Comfort
- Use pillows for support and pain management.
- Eliminate potential distractions such as noise, light, temperature changes, etc.
- Obtain a body pillow for additional support.
Choose the Right Position
- Lie on your back.
- Place a pillow under your affected side.
- Place another pillow on the unaffected side, close to the chest or stomach.
- Lie slightly propped up, using an additional pillow to prop up the head and neck.
Avoid Certain Positions
It is essential to avoid certain positions when sleeping with broken ribs as discomfort can arise from these.
- Lie on your stomach.
- Lie on your sides.
- Sitting up in bed as this can put more pressure on the affected rib or ribs.
- Hunching your body as this can place additional strain on the affected rib or ribs.
By finding the right sleep posititon and environment with your broken ribs, you can ensure maximum comfort and minimum pain – essential for any injury.