How to Sleep with Extensions
If you’ve had hair extensions installed, knowing how to take good care of them is important to ensure they last for as long as possible. This guide will show you how to sleep with extensions for maximum longevity and comfort.
- Brush Your Hair – Start by giving your hair a thorough brush, starting at the tips and brushing towards the scalp. This will remove any tangles and knots and help stop strands from becoming knotted overnight.
- Secure Your Hair – Once your hair is tangle-free, tie it into a loose braid or loose plait and secure with an elastic. This will prevent tension on the hair or the extensions when you move in your sleep.
- Choose the Right Pillowcase – Silk or satin pillowcases are the best options as they will be much gentler on your hair than a cotton pillowcase. Avoid sleeping on a rough pillowcase, as this can cause friction and could potentially cause damage to your extensions.
In the Morning
- Re-Braid and Secure – You may need to re-braid your hair in the morning and secure it with an elastic in the same way that you did before going to sleep. This will depend on whether the braid has become loose overnight.
- Brush Hair and Extensions – Once everything is in place, use a brush to brush through your hair and the extensions to get rid of any knots and tangles.
- Style Hair as Desired – Finally, you can style your hair however you like. You can keep it in a braid, wear it down, put it into an updo, or whatever style you prefer.
Following these simple steps will help keep your extensions looking and feeling great, so you can enjoy them for longer.