How to Store Baby Bok Choy
Baby bok choy is a nutritious vegetable consumed in many parts of the world. But how do you store this delicate green? Here are some tips on how to keep your baby bok choy fresh:
In the Refrigerator
With some special care, you can keep your baby bok choy in a refrigerator for up to two weeks. Here’s how:
- Wash and dry the baby bok choy: To prevent spoiling, make sure you wash and dry it thoroughly and immediately after purchasing.
- Store in paper towels: Place the bok choy in a container with paper towels. This will help the baby bok choy stay moist and prevent dryness.
- Change paper towels often: If the paper towels get too damp, or if the bok choy begins to wilt, change the paper towels to preserve freshness and crispness.
- Store in a cool, dry place in the refrigerator: Find a spot in the refrigerator that is cool and dry and store the baby bok choy in the container.
By following these steps, you can keep your baby bok choy fresh and ready to eat!
In the Freezer
For long-term storage, you can freeze baby bok choy for up to six months. Here’s how:
- Wash and dry the baby bok choy: As with storing in the refrigerator, you should make sure to wash and dry it thoroughly after purchasing.
- Blanch the baby bok choy: To prevent the bok choy from losing its flavor and texture, it’s best to blanch it. For blanching instructions, check out this guide.
- Pack it into an airtight container: After blanching, place the bok choy into a clean, airtight container and tightly seal it. Place the container in the freezer.
By following these steps, you can keep your baby bok choy frozen and ready to enjoy whenever you’re in the mood!