Using a Finger Brush for Babies
Finger brushing is a great way to help maintain good oral health for infants. Here is a guide on how to use a finger brush:
Preparing the Bristles
- Saturate the bristles of the finger brush with lukewarm water.
- Apply a pea-sized amount of fluoride-free toothpaste to the bristles of the finger brush.
Cleaning the Teeth and Gums
- Put the finger brush on your child’s index finger. Make sure the bristles are facing up.
- Gently insert the finger brush into your baby’s mouth.
- Gently massage your baby’s teeth and gums in a circular motion, going around the whole mouth.
- Rinse your baby’s mouth with lukewarm water.
- Rinse the toothbrush and keep it clean.
- Encourage your baby to spit out the excess toothpaste.
- Give your baby some water and help them brush their tongue to remove bacteria and debris from the mouth.
Remember: Always use a fluoride-free toothpaste and talk to your dentist before giving your baby any toothpaste or toothbrush.