How To Wash Baby Hair Without Getting Water in Their Eyes
Bathing your baby can be a daunting experience, especially when it comes to washing their hair. But the truth is, it doesn’t have to be overly stressful! With the right tools and a few simple tips, you can make it a pleasant and stress-free experience for everyone involved.
Here’s How To Wash Baby Hair Without Getting Water in Their Eyes:
- Choose a shampoo specifically for babies. Make sure to use a gentle shampoo made specifically for babies. This will ensure that their delicate hair and scalp are receiving the best care.
- Sit your infant in your lap. Sitting your baby in your lap while bathing will help you better control their head and keep them from getting overwhelmed by the experience.
- Put a small amount of baby shampoo on your fingertips. Applying shampoo directly to your baby’s head with your fingertips helps you control how much you are using and will also make it easier to focus the cleaning of the hairline.
- Gently massage the shampoo into your baby’s scalp. In a single, steady motion use your fingertips to gently massage the shampoo into your baby’s scalp. Make sure not to go too hard and be sure to keep the suds away from their eyes.
- Rinse the shampoo from your baby’s hair. Fill a cup with warm water and use it to gently rinse the shampoo from their head. As you rinse, be sure not to get any water in their eyes.
- Follow-up with a conditioner. Using a light conditioner helps prevent dryness and keeps their hair looking healthy.
- Rinse the conditioner from their hair. Use a cup of warm water to rinse the conditioner away. Make sure to keep the water out of their eyes while you rinse.
- Dry your baby’s hair. Use a soft, absorbent towel to gently dry their hair. Alternatively, you can just leave it to air dry.
That’s it! Washing your baby’s hair doesn’t have to be a complicated process. With a few simple tips and the right tools, you can make it a pleasant experience for both you and your infant.