How to Wash Sitka Gear
Sitka Gear is a clothing line known for its quality craftsmanship and performance. It is designed to keep you comfortable and concealed in the harshest of conditions. But with use, it can accumulate odors and dirt that can make it look and smell less than stellar. Knowing how to properly care for your Sitka Gear will keep your apparel looking great and performing well for years to come.
- Machine Wash: You can machine wash your Sitka Gear apparel in warm to cool water. Select a gentle cycle and use a gradual spin cycle to avoid over-agitation of the fabric.
- Air Dry: Most Sitka Gear apparel should be air dried. Hanging them outside to dry will also provide a light scent of fresh air.
- Do NOT Iron: Ironing Sitka Gear apparel can result in damaging the fabric or coating on the garments.
- Do NOT Dry Clean: Dry cleaning can damage the fabric or the coating of Sitka Gear apparel and should be avoided.
Tips for Cleaning Sensitive Fabrics
For more delicate fabrics, like waterproof/breathable garments, wool, or some insulated items, a more gentle approach is recommended:
- Hand Washing: Fill a sink with cool water and a mild, low-sudsing soap. Gently agitate the garment in the sink and don’t rub or scrub the fabric to avoid damaging it.
- Dry Cleaning: If the item must be drycleaned, use only no soap based/solvent-based dry cleaning products and select a cleaning method that is gentle and will not damage your garment.
- Do not soak, bleach, or use hot water on your Sitka Gear.
- Always test any cleaning products prior to treating the garment as the chemicals in some cleaners can damage some fabrics.
- Do NOT use fabric softener as it can interfere with the performance of your Sitka Gear clothing.
- When washing hunting apparel, keep it separate from other items in a separate load.
By following the above instructions, you’ll be sure to keep your Sitka Gear apparel in top shape. If the garment requires special attention, always check the hang tags or consult an authorized Sitka Gear dealer for additional tips on how to best care for your apparel.