Is Baby’s Breath a Health Risk for Infants and Children?
Baby’s breath, also known as Gypsophila, is a popular flower often used in flower arrangements and bouquets. But is it safe for infants and children?
What is Baby’s Breath?
Baby’s breath is a flowering plant native to Europe and parts of Asia. It has small, white flowers that look like clouds and a sweet, delicate scent. The plant is often used in bouquets and flower arrangements, as well as for medicinal purposes.
Is Baby’s Breath Toxic?
Baby’s breath is not considered toxic, but it may cause an allergic reaction in some people. If you are allergic to the plant, you may experience skin irritation, sneezing, and a runny nose.
Is Baby’s Breath Safe for Infants and Children?
Baby’s breath is generally considered safe for infants and children. However, it is important to keep the plant away from children and infants, as they may be tempted to eat it. Eating the plant can cause stomach upset and vomiting.
Are There Any Other Health Risks?
Although baby’s breath is generally considered safe, there are some potential health risks. The pollen from the plant can cause allergic reactions in some people, and the plant can cause skin irritation if touched. In addition, the plant can contain toxins that can be harmful if ingested.
Baby’s breath is a popular flower often used in bouquets and flower arrangements. Although it is generally considered safe, it is important to keep the plant away from infants and children, as it can cause allergic reactions and skin irritation. The plant can also contain toxins that can be harmful if ingested.