Is Baby’s Breath Toxic? Know the Facts Before Decorating


Is Baby’s Breath Toxic? Know the Facts Before Decorating

Baby’s breath is a popular flower for decorating, but is it safe for your home and family? Knowing the facts about the toxicity of baby’s breath can help you make an informed decision about whether or not to use it in your home.

What is Baby’s Breath?

Baby’s breath is an ornamental flower that is often used in bouquets and other decorations. It is a member of the daisy family and is native to Europe, Asia, and North America. The flowers are small and white, and they have a delicate, airy appearance.

Is Baby’s Breath Toxic?

Baby’s breath is not toxic to humans or animals. The flowers are not known to cause any adverse health effects. However, the plant has been known to cause skin irritation in some people, so it is best to wear gloves when handling the flowers.

Can Baby’s Breath Cause Allergic Reactions?

Baby’s breath can cause allergic reactions in some people. Symptoms of an allergic reaction can include itching, redness, swelling, and difficulty breathing. If you experience any of these symptoms after handling baby’s breath, seek medical attention immediately.

Are There Other Ways to Decorate with Baby’s Breath?

If you are looking for a way to decorate with baby’s breath without the risk of an allergic reaction, there are several options. You can use artificial baby’s breath, which is available in a variety of colors and styles. You can also use dried baby’s breath, which is a great way to add a natural touch to your home.


Baby’s breath is a beautiful flower that can be used to decorate your home. However, it is important to be aware of the potential risks of using the flower. If you are concerned about the toxicity of baby’s breath, you can opt for artificial or dried baby’s breath, which is a safe and attractive alternative.