Is Dawn Safe for Baby Bottles?
When your little one starts to grow, cleaning their new products can become tricky. That’s why many new parents wonder if Dawn is safe to use for baby bottles.
Dawn is very popular detergent brand produced by Procter & Gamble since 1973. While the original Dawn dish soap has a wide variety of uses – like cleaning makeup brushes, polishing jewelry and washing dirty toys – the big question is if it’s also safe to use for baby bottles.
Pros of Using Dawn
- Dawn is non-toxic
- It’s effective in removing grease and dirt from soiled kitchen items.
- It kills bacteria and greasy residue.
- It’s safe for use on baby bottles.
- It’s biodegradable.
Cons of Using Dawn
- Dawn can be harsh on some materials.
- It can be harsh on the hands when used for long periods of time.
- It can give a soapy residue to baby bottles.
- It is not suitable for use on some plastics.
Overall, Dawn is a great product for cleaning baby bottles. It is non-toxic, powerful and biodegradable. However, it is important to make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions as some brands of plastic bottles may be hard to clean with Dawn.
When it comes to keeping your little one safe, it is best to be cautious. Therefore, it is always best to first consult with the manufacturer of the plastic baby bottles you are using before using Dawn to clean them.