May Guilty Gear
Developed by Arc System Works in 1998, May Guilty Gear is a fast-paced 2D combat-driven fighting game series, with incredible visuals and a deep fighting system. It quickly gained traction amongst the fighting game community and has since gone on to become one of the most beloved and respected series.
May Guilty Gear delivers an intense and exciting fighting experience, that stands out amongst other fighting games.
There is an extensive and varied selection of characters to choose from, each with their own unique outfit, weapon and moves.
- Sol Badguy, the game’s self-proclaimed main character and protagonist.
- Ky Kiske, Sol’s confidant, rival and an all-around good-natured fighter.
- Potemkin, a fearless, but often bumbling warrior.
- Millia Rage, a fugitive assassin and one of the strongest fighters in the game.
- Baiken, an agile, one-armed samurai.
- Axl Low, a mysterious swordsman, and the last of the Gear race.
May Guilty Gear’s fighting mechanics are complex yet easy to understand. There are three attack types: Slash, which is your primary attack; Heavy for doing high damage at close range; and Dust for aerial movements and combos. Special attacks, called Overdrives, are executed by combining two attack buttons and are unique to each character.
Players also have access to a wide range of defensive options, such as Burst attacks and Roman Cancels, which come in handy when getting cornered in the heat of battle. On top of that, all characters have a special ability called Tension, which allows them to access powerful attacks and combos.
May Guilty Gear’s fast, intense combat and technical gameplay make it a must-have for any fan of the fighting game genre. It’s a great game to play with friends or compete against others, and its visuals and soundtrack make it a true classic.