Diaper changes can be a messy business, but they don’t have to be uncomfortable for your baby! By practicing proper technique when holding your baby’s legs during diaper changes, you can prevent leaks and keep your baby clean and happy.
Getting ready for the diaper change
- Gather diaper changing supplies
- Find a comfortable spot for both you and your baby
How to hold your baby’s legs
- Begin by gently laying your baby down on the changing surface
- Hold your baby’s legs at the ankles with one hand, while using your other hand to undo the dirty diaper
- Lift your baby’s legs towards their chest to clean and wipe the diaper area
- Keep one hand securely holding the ankles while using the other to put on the clean diaper
Additional tips for an easier diaper change
- Use diaper cream or ointment to prevent diaper rash
- Play soft music or use calming techniques to relax your baby
- Always wash your hands before and after each diaper change
Remember that proper technique when holding your baby’s legs during diaper changes can make a big difference in your baby’s comfort and hygiene. Practice makes perfect, don’t forget to be patient with yourself and your baby!