Simple Steps for Safely Removing Something from Your Baby’s Eye
It can be difficult to know what to do when something gets stuck in your baby’s eye. Fortunately, there are simple steps you can take to safely remove the foreign object.
Steps for Safely Removing Something from Your Baby’s Eye
- Gently wash your hands with warm water and soap.
- Sit or stand in front of your baby, and make sure they are calm and comfortable.
- Gently pull the upper eyelid up and away from the eye.
- Look for the object and use a damp cotton swab to remove it.
- If the object is still stuck, use a damp cotton swab to try to loosen it.
- If the object does not come out, do not try to remove it. Seek medical attention.
Things to Keep in Mind
- Do not rub your baby’s eye. Rubbing the eye can cause further irritation and may even cause an infection.
- Do not use tweezers or any sharp objects. Doing so can cause further damage to the eye.
- Do not use eyedrops. Eyedrops can cause further irritation and should only be used as directed by a doctor.
Removing something from your baby’s eye can be a scary experience. However, following these simple steps can help ensure that the process is as safe and gentle as possible. If the object does not come out, seek medical attention immediately.