The Easiest Way to Get Hair Out of a Baby’s Eye
It can be very difficult to get a baby’s hair out of their eyes. Babies can’t tell you when they have a hair in their eye, and they may not even be able to feel it. Fortunately, there are some easy steps you can take to safely and quickly remove a baby’s hair from their eye.
Steps for Getting Hair Out of a Baby’s Eye
- Gently blow on the eye. This can help to dislodge the hair from the eye. Be sure to blow gently, so you don’t cause any discomfort to the baby.
- Use a cotton swab. If blowing does not work, you can try using a cotton swab. Dip the swab in warm water, and then use it to gently wipe the eye.
- Use tweezers. If the hair is still stuck in the eye, you can try using tweezers. Be very careful when using tweezers, and make sure not to pull too hard.
- Check for infection. After removing the hair, check the eye for any signs of infection. If you notice any redness, swelling, or discharge, contact your doctor immediately.
Tips for Preventing Hair From Getting in a Baby’s Eye
- Make sure to keep your baby’s hair trimmed short.
- Tie long hair back with a headband or barrette.
- Use a baby-safe hair gel or spray to keep the hair in place.
- Be sure to check your baby’s eyes regularly for any stray hairs.
Getting a baby’s hair out of their eye can be a daunting task. But with these simple steps, you can quickly and safely remove any stray hairs from your baby’s eyes. Just remember to be gentle and to check for any signs of infection afterwards.