Tips for Keeping a Pacifier Securely in Your Baby’s Mouth
Having a pacifier in your baby’s mouth can be a great way to soothe them and help them drift off to sleep. However, keeping it in their mouth can be a challenge! Here are some tips to help ensure the pacifier stays in place:
Choose the Right Pacifier
- Look for a pacifier that is designed to stay in place, such as one with a curved shield or an orthodontic design.
- Make sure the pacifier is the right size for your baby’s mouth.
Secure the Pacifier
- Tie a ribbon or string to the pacifier to help keep it in place.
- Try using a pacifier clip to attach the pacifier to your baby’s clothing.
- Use a pacifier holder, which is a stuffed animal with a pocket that holds the pacifier in place.
- Teach your baby to self-soothe by gently rubbing their back and using a soothing voice.
- Help your baby to learn to put the pacifier back in their mouth when it falls out.
- Encourage your baby to keep the pacifier in their mouth by offering positive reinforcement when they do.
Keeping a pacifier in your baby’s mouth can be a challenge, but with the right pacifier and a few helpful tips, you can help ensure it stays in place. Choose the right pacifier for your baby, secure it with a ribbon or clip, and encourage self-soothing to help your baby keep the pacifier in their mouth.