What Does The ‘S’ On The Gear Shift Mean?
The ‘S’ on the gear shift of your car stands for Sport mode. When this gear is selected, the engine control unit (ECU) will automatically increase the torque, acceleration and speed.
Benefits of Sport Mode
Using Sport mode offers a number of benefits, such as:
- Increased engine performance: Sport mode will increase the engine performance, providing more torque, acceleration and speed.
- Better shifting: Sport mode reduces gear shifting time, allowing the car to shift faster than in regular mode.
- Enhanced fuel economy: Sport mode helps achieve better fuel economy, as the engine is kept running in a specific range of RPMs for optimum performance.
How To Use Sport Mode
Using Sport mode is quite simple:
- Step 1: Move the gear shift to the right until the ‘S’ appears.
- Step 2: Turn the engine on and you will notice it will feel different as the additional power has been activated.
- Step 3: Drive and enjoy the enhanced engine performance.
When To Use Sport Mode
Using Sport mode isn’t just for race days. You should consider using it whenever you find yourself in a situation such as:
- When you’re driving on a winding or hilly road, where having extra levels of power and acceleration can be useful.
- When you need to accelerate quickly and overtake other cars, buses or trucks on the road.
- When you want to accelerate faster and take on corners with confidence.
The ‘S’ on the gear shift of your car stands for Sport mode, which is a great way to enjoy enhanced engine performance as well as better fuel economy. When driving on winding or hilly roads, overtaking other cars or taking on corners, you should consider using Sport mode to make the most out of your car’s engine.